Candidates previously registered but not holding any seat in the previous rounds of counselling are eligible to participate in the special stray vacancy round. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) has decided will conduct a Special Stray Vacancy Round for the vacant PG (M.D/ M.S/ Diploma/PG DNB/ MDS) Seats of All India Quota/ Central University/ Central Institute/ Deemed University/ PG DNB in an online mode. After the completion of four rounds of NEETPG 2022-23 a total of 2,244 PG seats and 62 MDS seats remained vacant. MCC has listed down rules and eligibility to participate in the extra round of counselling according to which candidates are required to pay a refundable security deposit of Rs 50,000 to participate in the counselling process.
NEET PG Counselling 2022: Rules For Special Stray Vacancy Round
- No fresh registration will take place in the special stray vacancy round. All pre-registered candidates who are not holding any seats are eligible to participate. However, candidates will have to do fresh choice filling as the earlier choices filled will become ‘Null & Void’.
- All registered candidates irrespective of their category are required to pay a refundable security deposit of Rs 50,000 to participate in the special stray vacancy round.
- The refundable deposit of candidates who do not join the allotted seats will be forfeited.
- Candidates who do not join the seats allotted will be debarred from appearing in NEET PG 2023 examination.
- Candidates who will be allotted seats will have to report at the allotted Institute and join the seat with their original documents.
- Candidates participating in the special round will have to furnish an undertaking with respect to the allotment of seats at the time of choice filling on the MCC portal as under:
“I agree to participate in the Special Stray Vacancy Round of NEET-PG Counselling, 2022. I affirm that I am not holding any seat in the previous rounds of NEET-PG Counselling, 2022 i.e All India Counselling conducted by MCC or State Quota Counselling.
I understand that these seats are precious in nature. Hence, if I am allotted a seat during the Special Stray Vacancy Round, I will join the allotted seat. If, due to any reason I do not join the allotted seat my security deposit of 50,000 /- will be forfeited and I will be debarred from taking NEET PG 2023. Also, any action including legal action may be taken by the Competent Authority against me.”