The online submission of Application form for admission to Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma Courses in 2021-2022 session in Tamil Nadu Government Medical Colleges, Government seats in Self-Financing Medical Colleges affiliated to The Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University & Rajah Muthiah Medical College affiliated to Annamalai University, Chidambaram can be accessed from the official website. Candidates should submit their filled-in online application form after uploading the details in the required fields
|NEET 2021 Cut Off Percentile
|NEET 2021 Cut Off Score
- Candidates should be Citizens of India and should have undergone an MBBS course including the entire Compulsory Residential Rotatory Internship (CRRI) period in the State of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates who are Natives of Tamil Nadu and have completed MBBS in other States should furnish their Certificates of Nativity of Tamil Nadu issued by the competent authority and supported by the following documents: Valid copy of Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Voter’s ID/ Passport, and Proof of Parent’s Documents is Mandatory (Aadhar Card and School Certificates). If a copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates seeking admission in Post Graduate / Diploma Courses, have to qualify for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-NEET PG 2021 conducted by the National Board of Examination. The eligibility criteria prescribed by the Director-General of Health Services, Government of India, New Delhi, in accordance with Post Graduate Medical Education Regulations (as per latest amendment) notified by Board of Governors, In supersession of the Medical Council of India with prior approval of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi shall be taken into account for admission to Post Graduate Degree / Diploma courses for the academic year 2021-2022.
- Candidates who are completing their Diploma courses (including All India Quota) before 31.07.2021 are eligible to apply for Post Graduate Degree Courses in the same academic year of 2021-2022.
- Candidates who have cleared their MBBS Examination and completed/completing the CRRI period on or before 31-07-2021 (as per govt notification -covid-19) are only eligible to apply. However, the candidates should possess the Permanent Medical Council Registration Certificate of the States or of India or the provisional Registration Certificate of the Medical Council at the time of the Counselling.
- Candidates should possess M.B.B.S. Degree awarded by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University or any other Universities recognized by the Medical Council of India and the candidates who have qualified from other Universities, except Annamalai University should produce ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE from the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Guindy, Chennai- 600 032 at the time of Counselling
For NRI Candidates
- A Certificate stating the NRI candidate’s status as the financial supporter which has to be issued by the Indian Embassy in the respective country under its seal must be submitted.
- A Certificate of the relationship between the candidate’s financial supporter and the candidate issued by the competent authority must also be attached.
- A Valid Indian Passport of the NRI financial supporter must also be submitted as proof of identity.
- An NRE (Non-Resident External) Bank Account Pass Book of the candidate’s financial supporter must also be submitted.
Rule Of Reservation By The Government Of Tamil Nadu As Follows:-
If the seats are 8 and more, the rule of the reservation shall be as follows:-
|Open Competition (OC)
|Most Backward Class
- Within the 30% reservation for Backward Classes, 3.5% will be provided for Muslims and 16% of seats out of the 18% quota earmarked to Scheduled Caste shall be allocated to the Arunthathiyar Community.
- If only one seat is available in any Speciality, that seat will be allotted on a rank basis only.
- If there are no eligible Service candidates opting for PG Diploma courses, the same will be allotted to eligible General category candidates.
- 50% of the seats in Post Graduate Diploma Courses shall be reserved for Medical Officers in the Government service, who has served for at least three years in remote, and/or difficult or rural areas of Tamil Nadu. After acquiring the PG Diploma, the Medical Officers shall serve for two more years in remote, rural and/or difficult areas as defined by the State Government/Competent authority from time to time.
Seats in Government Medical Colleges & Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Annamalai University:
Out of the seats sanctioned for Post Graduate Diploma/Degree Courses 50% of the total recognized/permitted seats are offered to All India Quota for allotment by the Director-General of Health Services, New Delhi. The remaining 50% of the seats will be allotted under State Quota during the first phase of counseling
Seats in Self-Financing Medical Colleges:
Seat sharing with Self-Financing Minority and Non-Minority Medical Colleges will be as per State Policy and MCI Post Graduate Medical Education Regulation, 2000 and applicable Court Orders.
Government Medical Colleges & Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Annamalai University
|50% All India Seats Quota
|Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)
|50% State Quota Seats
|Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Chennai
- The following categories of Medical Officers will be treated as Service Candidates for the purpose of allotment of seats:
- Medical Officers selected by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)/Medical Services Recruitment Board (MRB) through Competitive Written Examination/Special Qualifying Examination and appointed in Tamil Nadu Medical Services should have a minimum of Two Years of continuous service, as on 31.03.2021.
- Medical Officers serving in Local Bodies in Tamil Nadu should have a minimum of Two Years of continuous service, as on 31.03.2021.
- Candidates who have been temporarily appointed but not qualified through Written Examination conducted by TNPSC/MRB and who have not completed two years of continuous service as of 31.03.2021 as per clause 9 (a) (i) of this prospectus, are not eligible to apply for Post Graduate admission in 2021-2022 session. If any applications received from such candidates or even if forwarded inadvertently by the competent authority that application will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates working in Institutions coming under the “Registered Societies Act” and “Self Financing Institutions” shall be considered as Non-Service candidates.
- If any Medical Officer working in Government Institutions/local bodies applies as Private candidates suppressing the fact or misinterpretation is found of their service status, their application will be summarily rejected, they will be debarred for TWO subsequent academic years. Further appropriate legal/disciplinary action will also be taken against them.
- Competent authorities who are forwarding the applications of Government Medical officers, have to issue a complete Service Particular Proforma including their leave and deputation in detail. The printout of filled-in the online application with service particulars should reach within the stipulated time.
- Online Applications received after the last date will not be accepted irrespective of the date of submission and date of forwarding by the competent authority (for Service Particulars for Government Institutions).
PROCEDURE FOR FILLING & SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
- The candidate should log on to any one of the following website tnmedicalselection.net
- Candidates should submit their filled-in online application form by uploading the details in the required fields.
- Request for change in any particulars in the online application shall not be entertained under any circumstances after submission.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Candidates are advised to submit only one Application Form. If a candidate submits more than one Application Form, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates should ensure that all information entered in the online application is correct during the online submission of the application form.
- Candidates should submit the printout of the filled-in online application form (Hard Copy) along with necessary enclosures.
- Service Candidates should submit the printout of the filled-in online application forms along with their Service particulars (Duly certified by the Forwarding Authority with date and seal) and necessary enclosures.
- The filled-in online application form along with the necessary enclosures should reach the following address: THE SECRETARY, SELECTION COMMITTEE, 162, PERIYAR E.V.R. HIGH ROAD, KILPAUK, CHENNAI – 600 010.
- AR Number (Application Registration Number) will be assigned by the Selection Committee on receipt of the filled-in online applications.
- . Candidates must enclose only Self-attested Photocopies of required Certificates/documents:
(i) NEET-PG 2021-Score Card. (ii) NEET-PG 2021 Admit Card. (b) MBBS Degree Certificate and Diploma Certificate or Provisional Pass Certificate. (c) CRRI Completion Certificate. (d) Permanent Medical Registration Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India /State Medical Council or Provisional Registration Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India/State Medical Council. 12 (e) Community Certificate issued by the competent authority indicating the community status of candidates belonging to Backward Community/Backward Community (Muslim)/ Most Backward Community / Denotified Communities/ Schedule Caste/ Schedule Caste (Arunthathiyar). Scheduled Tribe candidates should produce community certificates issued by a Revenue Divisional Officer of the competent jurisdiction. (f) TNPSC/MRB (through competitive written examination) Selection & Posting Order (For Service Candidates). (g) Nativity Certificate (if applicable) with supportive documents as mentioned in clause 2(b). (h) Recent Regional Medical Board Certificate for Person with Disabilities. (i) Eligibility Certificate, if applicable. (j) A copy of the receipt of payment. Candidates are instructed to produce the above-mentioned original Certificates/ Documents at the time of counseling for certificate verification. (k) the Same photo that uploaded in NEET PG 2021 must be uploaded in a filled-in online application. (l) Post Card size colour photograph (4”x6”) (size: 50kb to 300kb) to be uploaded
- The Rank list will be drawn based on marks obtained in NEET PG 2020 and the additional weightage marks awarded to eligible in-service candidates who have qualified in NEET PG -2021 as per the existing norms.
- The service candidates shall be awarded an additional weightage up to 10% of the marks secured in the NEET PG-2021 per year of completion of service in remote and or /difficult or rural areas as per in G.O.(Ms). No.86, Health and family welfare (MCA1) Department, dated 13 06.03.2019, G.O.(Ms.).No.114 Health & Family Welfare Department (MCA-1) Department dated 29.3.2019 and G.O.(Ms.).No.423 Health & Family Welfare Department (MCA-1) Department dated 26.9.2019 subject to a maximum of 30% of marks secured in NEET PG-2020. Fractional values of a year will not be counted for awarding weightage marks. (See official websites.)
- The Secretary, Selection Committee will publish the tentative Rank List on the following official websites after completion of scrutiny of all applications received for this academic year 2021-2022. tnmedicalselection.net
Rounds of Counselling
FIRST ROUND OF COUNSELLING:
- Admission to PG Degree / Diploma courses, shall be made through counselling on the basis of rank by applying the rule of reservation in the venue notified by the Secretary, Selection Committee in the official websites.
- A Candidate who is absent during the 1st round of counselling will not be permitted to attend the subsequent rounds of counselling. (i.e. second round and mop-up round).
- A candidate who has taken a seat and not joined the course is not eligible to attend the subsequent rounds of counselling
- Re-allotment is permitted during the subsequent rounds of counselling only, based on Rank and Rule of Reservation.
SECOND ROUND OF COUNSELLING:
(a) Second round of counseling will be conducted for the vacancies arising due to All India Quota surrendered seats and/or not joined seats in State quota and/or newly sanctioned seats arising if any after the first round of Counselling. The vacancies will be filled by reallotment/ allotment/waitlisted candidates from the 1st round of counseling as per Rank and Communal reservation.
(b) Second round of counseling will be applicable for those who have joined/waitlisted candidates of the first round of counseling and the candidates in the rank list as per the counseling schedule mentioned on the official website.
(c) Second round of counseling is for opting the courses/colleges as per rank and following the rule of reservation from rank one
MOP-UP COUNSELLING :
(a) After completion of the second round of counseling if there is any vacancy that will be filled by mop-up round.
(b) The vacancies arising after re-allotment/allotment will be filled up with the candidates from the Rank list following the rule of reservation (if time permits as per DGHS Schedule).